Friday, April 23, 2010

The Saga Continues....

After my asparagus post the other day, lots of friends volunteered information regarding the process. The conclusion? My roots aren't going to produce anything this year. *sigh*

The new plan is to dig up the asparagus roots and plant zucchini over them. The zucchini wasn't in the original plan and was brought up by a blog commenter. I do have some great zucchini recipes and would love to try zucchini bread - so here you go!

I would have added a row of zucchini earlier, but I was concerned about cross-pollination between the zucchini plants and the cantaloupe I plan to add soon. With the open spot in the middle of the garden, I have an opportunity for Zucchini! YAY!

Not much is happening in the garden at the moment, but we do have some volunteer green onions that grow by the cave in our yard. They are always fresh and yummy! They are really prospering this year too! Soo exciting.

Green onions:

No comments:

Post a Comment