Sunday, June 29, 2014

So...you like to garden?

While I was out in the garden yesterday - weeding, blah - I started thinking about this question: "You like to garden?"

I get this question often. And, it usually is followed with: what sort of flowers do you plant? So, should my answer be "no"?

I'm not a big fan of flowers - my husband is thankful for this, by the way - I just am not a landscaper.

But how can I have this garden...if I don't like to garden!?!?!?

Oh wait - I know. I like to eat. And, I like to cook. These two things are definitely the motivation behind this garden. So, you won't be shocked...that this will actually be a food post.

My garden inspiration for today's post:



I have really fallen in love with zucchini since my last garden. I just love cooking with it. And, thanks to Skinny Taste (www.skinnytaste.com), I can make things that are delicious - but not quite as bad for me as Grandma Rassi's zucchini casserole...or Paula Deen's zucchini bread (which I plan to bake like a mad woman soon enough).

Today's adventure was Zucchini Lasagna. I've made it before, so I know it's delicious. And, just like regular lasagna. The second or third day is even better than the first night :)

Here's tonight's dinner:



And here's the recipe for those wanting to try it:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/zucchini-lasagna.html

No comments:

Post a Comment