Sunday, May 11, 2014

Here it is...in all its glory

A special thanks to Patti for tilling my garden. Here is the new location:



Yep, it's a little smaller than I've had in the past, but it will work quite nicely. Ryan and I picked up our vegetables (and fruit) last night and planted this afternoon.

Watermelon - Ryan loves watermelon, so we decided this is a great addition to the garden.



Welcome to the Big10 - this addition to the garden was picked solely on the name: Rutgers Heirloom Tomatoes.



We only had room for two tomato cages in my car. So the rest will have to be caged later. They are Beefsteak, the name reminded me of Ryan the beefcake (it's good he doesn't read the blog! HA!) #HotRyan:



Because you don't want various squash to cross-pollinate, you can't plant them next to each other. Hopefully, I will find some cantaloupe to fill this space. Or, it will be a great place for weeds:



Next up, green peppers. MMMMM. Can't wait to munch on these:



Since my last garden, I've fallen in love with Spaghetti Squash. Talk about saving some money by growing my own!



An old stand-by, Jalapenos:



And the final vegetable: Zucchini. YUMMY! I can't wait:



It will be awhile before we get back to the garden, so hopefully everything goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment